This is how stately speeches work: there is a cordial introduction and then a rounding on the "Other". If states exist only by perpetuating violence then alliances between states exist to bring violent thoughts and actions together across the world.
So what and who are Obama's enemies? Well, according to his speech in Ankara, Turkey today they are the following:
An economic crisis that recognizes no borders.
- Extremism that leads to the killing of innocent men, women and children.
- Strains on our energy supply.
- A changing climate (Change we can believe in).
- The proliferation of the world’s deadliest weapons.
- The persistence of tragic conflict.
Obama quotes a Turkish proverb, how cute of him: “You cannot put out fire with flames.” I don't know why. It has nothing to do with the content of his speech perhpas he just wants us to look the other way a moment while he gets on with the important work of government.